Healthology - Liv Great - 60 Vegetable Capsule(s) - NPN: 80096909 --
LIV-GREAT provides the liver with daily support by boosting its detox capacity and helping to protect it from damage. It contains nutrients and herbs to support both Phase 1 and Phase 2 of liver detoxification, and it promotes the production of bile to improve the elimination of toxins. It also contains powerful antioxidants to protect and heal the liver from damage.
There are two phases of liver detoxification, and each requires vitamins, proteins and minerals to work effectively. In Phase 1, enzymes called Cytochromes add an oxygen molecule to the toxin, which prepares it to enter Phase 21. This is called oxidation, and it actually makes the toxin MORE harmful to the body. It’s a “take one step back to take two steps forward” type of process. In Phase 2, we deactivate the toxin through a process called conjugation. This neutralizes the toxin so that it can be excreted safely by the colon or bladder.
In some people, one phase or both phases of liver detoxification are sluggish. This is especially damaging when Phase 1 is working more quickly than Phase 2 because we get a build-up of oxidized toxins that are harmful to the body. Sluggish liver detoxification can be caused by genetic deficiencies, nutrients missing from the diet, or a high toxic burden from alcohol, medication use, or exposures to toxins in the environment.
Most of us are bombarded with more toxins than we realize. Think about how many toxins your liver deals with solely from your morning routine: you wake up, have a shower and put soap, shampoo, shaving cream, toothpaste, deodorant, face wash and moisturizer on your body. Each one of these products absorbs through the skin and has to be detoxed. Then you drink a coffee (caffeine) and have a bowl of cereal (food additives), adding even more work to the liver’s busy morning. Your liver is already overwhelmed before you have even left the house!
Each Capsule Contains
- Milk Thistle Seed (Silybum marianum) 20:1 Extract - 50% Silymarin (QCE 4g) ... 200 mg
- N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine ... 200mg
- DL-Alpha Lipoic Acid ... 100mg
- Garlic Bulb (Allium sativum) 4:1 Extract (QCE 200mg) ... 50mg
- Artichoke Leaf (Cynara scolymus) 4:1 Extract (QCE 200mg) ... 50mg
- Dandelion Root (Taraxacum officinale) 4:1 Extract (QCE 200mg) ... 50mg
- Selenium (Selenomethionine) ... 100mcg
- Curcumin (Curcuma longa - rhizome) ... 100mg
- Phyllanthus amarus - whole plant, 8:1 Extract( QCE 600 mg) ... 75mg
Non-Medicinal Ingredients: Vegetable Capsule Shell (Hypromellose), Oryza sativa (Rice) hull powder, dicalcium phosphate
Recommended Dose: Adults: Take 1 capsule with water in the morning with a meal and 1 capsule with water in the evening with a meal.
Duration Of Use: As a liver protectant and for liver function: Use for at least 3 weeks to see beneficial effects. Consult a health care practitioner for use beyond 8 weeks.
- Do not use this product if you are taking antibiotics, nitroglycerin, or have a bile duct obstruction.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you have kidney stones, gallstones, liver or gall bladder diseases, intestinal obstruction, stomach ulcers, excess stomach acid, diabetes, are taking blood thinners, antiplatelet medication, protease inhibitors, hypoglycemic medications, or have a history of non-melanoma skin cancer.
- Consult a health care practitioner if symptoms persist or worsen.
- Stop use if hypersensitivity / allergy occurs. Stop use and consult a health care practitioner if you experience sweating, paleness, chills, headache, dizziness and/or confusion as these may be a symptom of serious low blood sugar.
- Consult a health care practitioner prior to use if you are pregnant or breast-feeding, have had recent surgery or have upcoming surgery. Keep out of reach of children.